Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Heidi Getting Ready for Prom!

The day of prom was the same day I came home from Women's conference. Heidi and her friend Lindsay went to Dillard's to have their make-up done, before I got back from my trip to Utah. While they were having it done, Heidi started feeling like she was going to pass out. Instead of sitting on the floor for a minute (you know how you don't want to look silly) she just kept sitting there....well not for long. Before she knew it she was on the floor passed out. Luckily a nurse was near her and helped her as she came to. The nurse called me (I was home by now)and told me what happened and thought it was probably because she hadn't eaten anything. I told her I would come right over and pick her up and thanked for her not calling 911, because I knew she was fine. I hung up and drove to Dillards. When I got there, I thought, "Oh no, someone called 911 after all." There at the entrance was a huge fire truck and an ambulance and I knew Heidi was fine so I wasn't worried at all. I just figured Heidi would be embarrassed by the attention. I walked through the store to the very front in the cosmetic section and came upon a pair of legs sticking out from behind the counter. When I looked at what I thought was Heidi, it wasn't Heidi at all, but her friend Lindsay. Lindsay had gotten sick to her stomach watching Heidi and she passed out too. It was when Lindsay passed out that they called the paramedics, because now they had two girls down at the same time. The paramedics asked if the girls had taken something to loose weight for prom. I assured them they didn't need help losing weight because they were already so thin and they finally realized what had actually happened. It was pretty funny, but of course the paramedics didn't think it was funny and couldn't understand why I wasn't worried. They just don't know my family history.

No comments: